Thursday, October 25, 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 tools

Ienjoyed looking at the amazing array of things on the web. I selected Upcoming which was in 1st place in Events, thinking this might be a useful quick reference for concerts, sports events, etc.
I was quite impressed that it defaulted to Melbourne as home location on opening. (Several other sites I had checked didn't even seem to have heard of Melbourne.) It was quick and easy to change location and date (via the calendar) and the listings were easy to read with plenty of links.
However I was disappointed that the site included only limited numbers of events. For example, it told me there were no events in Adelaide in December. (there are those who might think this would be quite accurate, but I am forced to believe that there is simply not enough data input)
I tagged the site and added the post about the Boxing Day Test to my rss feeds.
I will keep an eye on the site but I think I will continue to depend on The Age for the time being.

No comments: