Wednesday, October 31, 2007

#23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning ...

This is like the 23rd Psalm ... after all that effort I am really only fit to lie me down in green pastures, etc.
What a journey!
It has been frustrating, fun, annoying and incredibly time consuming as well as thought provoking.
On the plus side ... I have been forced to try out things which I thought were totally irrelevant to me , and I have adopted one or two for actual use! I had been meaning to sign up for Flickr for ages, so I was jolted into doing something about that.
I think the programme has given me a better insight into what we could do in the future in public libraries and what is actually realistic right now. Things like wikis and blogs we can use immediately as work tools.
There has been much discussion generated, about futures, about varying abilities to get one's head around the programme, and about relevance on a day to day basis.
On the down side, the shelves are a shambles - shelf tidying or shelf reading have taken a back seat to getting on with the 23 Things. This is now calming down a bit as people start to go at their own pace and try not to think about the prizes!
I am so pleased to have done the 23 Things and to have been challenged to move out of my comfort zone.
I will be very disappointed if there is not a prize for the most boring blog. I think I might have an excellent chance.

No comments: