Tuesday, October 30, 2007

#20 You too can YouTube

Here is the cutest reference training video I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp0ldGHhJTs



These little clips would be seriously useful for reference training ... especially filming someone while they were really doing it wrong ... I wonder how illegal that would be?
Or we could use them on our website for showing patrons how to search the catalogue or reserve items. Or we could use them for getting a message across in another language. Or we could use them for fun.
They could save lots of library visits - we could send each other little films of our new kiddie corner or new information desk.
Yes I know ... all this is already happening ... I do it myself. So how come we still travel around so much to check out each others' libraries? Maybe , just maybe, technology is not the answer to absoultely everything.
YouTube is still fun though.

No comments: